Saturday, September 13, 2014

the cool down...


There is always one very special day each year in Texas when the brutal heat breaks and cooler temperatures creep in. Today is that day and I write this post from outside in my backyard as I inhale this beautiful breeze with a welcoming smile.

This is my fifth September in Houston. My last actually. This change in temperature this time of year, although brief, always stops me in my tracks and reminds me of change. A change in seasons for sure, although in Houston we could easily have temperatures back in the upper 90s next week. But as I sit here and reflect on the previous five years of my life and take in the epic changes that are taking place in my right now, I take solace in knowing change is... oh, so good.

We require change in order to live exciting and fulfilling lives. We need to make space for newness while appreciating what we already have. What I have now is so special and what lies ahead is also so special. 

I am who I am due in part to the experiences I've had up to this point in my life. All that lies ahead, as unknown and as scary as it may be, will play a role in who I continue to become. 

Hello, change. I'm ready for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment