Thursday, June 12, 2014

most improved player...


As a kid winning an award is pretty cool even if it's not MVP. Being recognized for a job well done is award enough during our novice years. I won several "most improved" awards and as I got older I convinced myself that those titles were just a nice way of telling me that I sucked and now I just suck a little less.

That was then...

Now I see it as a strength to always be in a state of learning and improving. Growing is part of the process of life and specialization is for insects. Why waste time trying to be the absolute best in one particular area when you can be great at being yourself in several areas and have that be enough? If you're giving it your all that's what matters. Learn from your mistakes and grow. Don't rely on an MVP award to define your worth. You are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment