Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sunshine Award...

When Jacki Carr tagged me in her Facebook post nominating me for a Sunshine Award I turned to my husband and said, "OMG JACKI CARR TAGGED ME IN A FACEBOOK POST! I GOT THE SUNSHINE AWARD!" To which he replied, "what is a sunshine award?" I had no clue but I sure as hell was stoked about it.

Come to learn a Sunshine is an award by bloggers for bloggers. It's a way for us to share and celebrate each other's work. They inspire us and we want the world to know it! 

Jacki Carr is the bee's knees. I've looked up to her for YEARS. She has presented me with growth and development opportunities in and out of the workplace that have just rocked my world. I often ask myself, "What would Jacki Carr do?" So when she chose me to shine I did a little happy dance. Thank you, Jacki. 

When someone receives the award they must answer the questions that their nominator asked them and then tag the next person with a different set of questions. I feel like I am in middle school again and I LOVE it!

Here are Jacki's questions:

1) How do you celebrate yourself and rock that self love?


A cup of exotic green tea, a hour of peace and quiet with my journal, or a delightful sweet treat, always on a plate and always eaten slowly...with a fork. Think lemon bar, fancy cupcake, or fruit tart...

2) Share a 1 year goal that makes your heart beat faster.


Goal: I reach 100k hits on my blog. Gah! I recently just purchased a domain and am reworking my site which was also goal for this year! www.feelingwholeheartedly.com

3) If you were to describe your personality in an animal, what would you be and why?

An owl. Free to fly but enjoys to be still and chill from time to time. Peaceful and seemingly harmonious yet aggressive when going after my goals.

4) What makes you come ALIVE?


When Marley smiles I melt into a puddle of mush. If I'm doing something I forget what it was, or if I'm having a conversation with someone I completely stop and forget where we left off.

5) What is your power outfit?  (i.e. You wear this top to bottom and you are unstoppable) 


If I'm wearing my Frye boots and my hair is straight watch out!

6) What is your favorite book you have read in your life thus far?


Linchpin by Seth Godin. My copy is so highlighted, underlined, dogeared, and coffee stained that no one else except me would be able to read it.  See?



7) What is your mantra/declaration/intention today?

I am patience.

8) Alright, tell it to us, what is your guilty-est pleasure?


The soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful. I've been watching it since I was a kid with my mom and now I'm watching it with my daughter. This is my ultimate guilty pleasure!

------------------
Time to pass the torch! 

Beatriz Craven- she shares her personal life so eloquently. My favorite time to read is with a cup of tea and it is always extra special if I catch it on a rainy afternoon! Never stop writing, my friend.

Kelly Brader- New on the blog scene, this chick has set out to attack her old habit of not finishing what she starts and she's killing it! If you have ever felt "stuck" or unsure of what you "should be doing," you'll relate to Kelly. Follow her this year as she transforms her life! 

Your questions my loves...

1) What would be the first thing you would do if today was your last day?
2) What is your favorite gift you've ever been given?
3) Who is your favorite character on Friends? Why?
4) What do you consider your biggest accomplishment to date?
5) What is the song that best describes your life?
6) Dogs or cats?
7) What is a quote you live by?
8) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment