Monday, March 17, 2014

my victory over a shamrock shake...


I joke that I allow myself one McDonald's Shamrock Shake per year, with last year being an exception since I was pregnant (I maybe had a couple...dozen)

Today, St. Patrick's Day, one of the other mommies at Urban Mom Bootcamp reminded me about these slurpably delicious, green treats. I had completely forgotten! I knew where I was going after class.

I began driving in the direction of the Golden Arches and then realized... I don't want one! For the past four weeks, I've been eating mindfully and LOVING it. I'm eating veggies every day and cooking dinner at home five nights a week. While one milkshake wouldn't totally derail my progress, I was high on the feeling of being in control of my diet and wanted to ride that feeling as long as possible.

But let's get real! I'm not about to start totally depriving myself of anything so I got creative this afternoon and blended up my own version of a shamrock shake.

Here it is:
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 frozen bananas
3/4 tsp of peppermint extract
6-10 spinach leaves (mainly for color)

If you're feeling the itch for a shake try my recipe before heading to McDonalds and then pat yourself on the back!

I win this year, McDonalds.

Happy St. Patrick's Day y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment