Monday, March 10, 2014

my 100th post...


I recently asked my husband if he thought of me as a writer. He looked at me, cocked his head to the side, and very simply said “of course.” I’ll admit I was a little taken a back that was so easy. He didn’t question it. Why have I?

This is my 100th blog post and I am just now starting to consider myself a writer. If anyone has taken the time to sit and write 100 times you’d refer to him or her as a writer, yes?

I have spent a tremendous amount of time reflecting on my first 100 blog posts and why I even started to begin with. At the time, I remember it was what all my friends were doing. Starting a blog was cool. I lived 1000 miles away from my family and wanted to use it as a way to keep everyone informed of what I was up to and working on, in both my personal and work life. I was officially running marathons, a feat I never thought I would accomplish. I wanted to share that excitement beyond Facebook status updates and tweets. I had also discovered I was pretty great at making people feel comfortable. I wanted to use writing as a way to connect and make readers feel good, “feel whole.” I selfishly wanted to be held accountable for my weight loss goals. If I put out into the world that I wanted to lose 30lbs, I better get cracking on it because people were reading. What would they think of me if I made no progress? There was so much “me, me, me, my, my, my, I, I, I” in my writing. Looking back, it was like I had something to prove when I started Feeling Whole

There is nothing wrong with my previous 99 posts. They are an honest and authentic reflection of who I am. They are filled with typos, excessive comma usage, and a lifetime supply of ellipsis, and I wouldn’t change a thing about any of them. My writing is evolving into something greater than it was when I first started, though, which makes me ask… where do I want to take this?

I hope to look back on my 100th post as a turning point for Feeling Whole.

I’m working on a newer vision of Feeling Whole and formulating a powerful mission to bring to life what I’m feeling deep in my soul. I don’t really know what this means yet, and that’s OK. As I begin my next 100 entries I do know that I want YOU alongside me. I want to sit with you while you drink chug your morning coffee and sip your afternoon tea. I want to be the homepage of your Internet browser (ok, at least work my way into your favorites maybe). I want to be your morning cup of “hell yeah!” Ya, dig?

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading. You are the reason I come back to the keyboard time and time again. As I reflect on the path that brought me here and the direction I’m heading, I want to end this post with this thought…

We are the authors of our lives and have the honor of writing our next 100, or even 1000 pages. Are you ready to confidently step out into a world of uncertainty to discover and write your own future?

No comments:

Post a Comment