Thursday, February 6, 2014

my life's work...

I think in a former life I must have been an Olympic athlete. A distance runner. When my time was up in that body the Universe was like, "Hey girl, you had it pretty easy as an athlete in this life. Let's send you back down and put you in the body of someone who is not an athlete."

So here I am and I'm running. I've ran five marathons and I'm mentally preparing for my sixth. Running has never come easy for me. I have had to really work at it.

Life is like a marathon. We have ups and downs and sometimes we're not sure we'll make it to the finish. It wasn't until April 3rd, 2011 when I crossed the finish line of my first marathon and experienced that incredible runner's high that I experienced truth in that metaphor.

Today, I ran my first full three miles since having the baby. I didn't stop once. I wanted to but the thought of having to complete this challenge on a different day kept me going. I wanted to do this today.

When you want to quit, keep going. You've heard it before. Pick your head up, look ahead far into the distance and pick a point.  Run to it and when you get there pick another point. Keep running. Don't stop. You'll get to that point you picked that seemed so far away before you know it.

That sounds a lot like life, right?

I have a baby. I don't know how. I mean I know how but if you would have asked me about kids three or four years ago I would have said it was still a decade away... at least. It's kind of like when we think about turning thirty or forty and then we're blowing out the candles on a cake in what seems like a blink of an eye.

When you feel like quitting... don't. When you are running it's about avoiding distractions. The distractions are what prevent us from achieving our goals. Avoid sweeping the hair from your face, tugging at your clothes, or wiping the sweat from your brow. Let the sweat burn your eyes and keep running. Don't let the distractions win. Keep running. If you're in pain, check in with yourself to make sure it's your body and not your mind begging you to stop.

I encourage you to keep running, even when gets hard. 


I encourage you to keep living your best life, even when you experience setbacks.

I promise it'll be much better to get to the end of that race and say, "hell yeah! I did it. It was hard but I kept at it and I'm proud of that," rather getting to the end and wishing you had done it differently. We can't re-do life.

I find so much comfort in knowing I was put here on this Earth to share this message with people. You can have anything you want in this life. It's not going to come easy, but you can have it. It may take a while, but you'll get there if you want. I'm going to make it my life's work to share this message with people.





follow my blog on Bloglovin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment