Monday, April 15, 2013

spread love and kindness...


Today is a remarkable reminder to spread love and kindness...  

I've been watching the news all afternoon. I've burst out into tears multiple times. I posted to Facebook this morning a big "good luck" to my friends who we're running the race. I watched with excitement the Elite women's division start as I ate breakfast. I left to go to spin class and run errands and when I arrived home I was horrified. Filled with worry for my friends, and everyone in Boston.

What has moved me the most today is seeing how everyone is pulling together to help one other. Video of spectators rushing into danger to help a stranger. Police and medics instantly doing what they do best. Finishers rushing to hospitals to donate blood to those who will need it...

Even in a crisis you can see and feel the camaraderie and the love.

Be kind and spread love today... tomorrow... and every day forward.

2 comments:

  1. The act of kindness can be expressed in countless ways. A warm hello said to a stranger, offering a hand, and many of use feeling the effects of a far-reaching world disaster, understanding how kindness can help is very important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautifully written comment :)

      Delete