Wednesday, April 10, 2013

failure & resistance...


It's been exactly one month since my last post. I have five drafts that I've been working on but have not successfully completed any of them.

I've been blaming writer's block and lack of time but in reality I've just been resisting the whole writing process. Why?

A month ago, I spoke a new goal into the world...I can and will make money through my writing.  I must have blacked out after I said that because that is exactly when I stopped publishing on my blog, free writing, and reading for pleasure.

It's always when we get really, really close to a goal that we second guess our decisions. We tell ourselves we're not good enough, we can't do it, it will never work, we will fail. Sound familiar?



Starting now, I'm recommitting myself to my goal. I will not let resistance or fear stop me form achieving what I want. I've always loved the question, "What would you attempt do if you knew you could not fail?" Ask yourself that question and decide what the first steps are towards achieving that.

"But I can't really _______________!" 
(insert be/do/have of your choice)

Ummmmm...why not? Says who? Maybe we will fail. But if we don't attempt it, we'll never know.  Don't be afraid of failure. Be afraid of looking back at your life and realizing that you didn't accomplish the things you wanted to because you didn't... even... try.

Don't put off doing the things you love for another day. Make time. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment