Tuesday, April 23, 2013

pressure..

I saw an advertisement on TV a few weeks ago about Subway Jared and how he's kept his weight off for 15 years! That's a mega accomplishment!  And one that makes me feel a little bit older than I'd like because I remember when Jared first became Subway's new face.

I made some silly remark about how I bet that pressure to keep the weight off has to be grueling since he is constantly in the spotlight. I wonder how often does Jared sits down with Ben and Jerry and go to town on a pint of ice cream with a big ole spoon?

Then I realized that I find myself in that place... often. Am I afraid of gaining back the 30lbs I shed last fall? Do I feel like people are watching or waiting for me to gain it back? Are they judging me when I reach for a cupcake or an extra scoop of ice cream? The guilt that washes over me when I'm conscious of making poor food choices is unbearable. I become weak in those moments.

STOP. You can't live like this, Sam! Jared, you can't either!

No one is watching. It's OK to indulge a little. I just have to remind myself that I have choice when it comes to food. I'm in control of what I feed my body. If I take this approach every time I find myself face-to-face with a cupcake or french macaron I'll be able to walk away from it and feel a lot better about myself.

I've have the power of choice. And so do YOU.








No comments:

Post a Comment