Monday, May 6, 2013

i'd like to ______ someday...


I want to learn french someday...
I want to play the guitar someday...
I want to go on an African safari someday...

When is someday?

I want to stress the importance of following through on the things you say you want for yourself. We're not here on Earth forever. Saying "someday" isn't going to cut it if you want to live your life to the fullest. 

When will you be fluent in french?
When will you have perfected that first song on the guitar?
When are you going to request that hard earned vacation time off?

If you don't give yourself a deadline you'll never take action. Have integrity with yourself. You deserve it! Do what you say you want to do even if it seems CRAZY or impossible! 
Guess what? Almost nothing is impossible.

The next time you catch yourself, or a friend say something along the lines of 
"Oh, I'd love to be able to _____," or "someday I want to _____," respond with an enthusiastic "That is great! By when?!"

Remember... someday is an unacceptable answer... 

*If you've got a story to share about how you achieved something you thought was "impossible" but you went for it anyway, I'd love to hear about it! Please feel free to post a comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment