Tuesday, January 29, 2013

you've got to go for it...

If you want something you need to be willing to do whatever it takes... even if it scares the pants off of you.

I'm still on the "new year, new you" kick, and due to the nature of my job and fresh perspective on life, I will almost always be in the goal setting mindset.

Over the past three years I've seen what I'm capable of and know how much more is out there for me to achieve. I run marathons,  I've learned yoga poses I didn't know I could do, I've started a blog, I've traveled, I got married, I've swam with sharks, I've reached my goal of running a business... I've done cool sh*t!

and there is so much more out there waiting for me...

Recently, I've been challenged with a decision that I never wanted to make. I had two options... RUN and get the hell out, or see it through and do whatever it takes.

I'm not sure that I would have been able to make the right choice without the past three years of life's experiences. I have learned that I can make anything work if I want, that I am in control, and that only I have the power of choice when it comes to my life. I don't give up on anything, so why would I start now?

It's really powerful, and exciting, when you realize you are in the driver's seat (or in my case... "re-realize). While it can be scary and the road ahead may have unexpected twists, turns, ups and downs, have comfort in knowing that YOU chose that road and it will lead you to where you want to go in life.

If you want it... you've got to go for it...

What are you going for?


No comments:

Post a Comment