Friday, February 1, 2013

always never perfect...


I woke up today with this mantra on repeat floating around in my brain...

"always never perfect"

I'm not 100% sure what it means but I have decided to try and think it out loud on my blog today. i've also chosen not to proofread or change anything that i write today. so forgive my gramatical errors and incomplete sentences and wildly incorrect spellings. today, i just want to be me and i dont care how that comes across to other people.

I spend so much of my time feeling responsible for the way i come across to other people. I know that  the things I say and the actions i take will be viewed from the eyes of the recipient  Does knowing this and living this way actually hold me back from being who I really am? Am I always warping my thoughts, feelings, and emotions into perfect little packages for others?

We live in a world where perception is everything. How do we really get to know someone if the only way we can know them is through our perception of them? Who says our perception is the truth? That thought actually kind of scares me...

What is perfect? I'm full of shortcomings and flaws so I know that I'm not. I never will be. I like this. If I don't have to live a perfect life then I can live a life where I live for fun. I live a life where I act on impulse. I live a life where I don't worry about the consequences of my actions.

We all have those people in our lives that we sometimes hate because their lives are "soooooo perrrrrrfffeeecttt." Maybe there are folks out there who think I live a perfect life. Although, I doubt this because I'm certainly not afraid to wear my emotions on my sleeve and spill my guts to random strangers on the street. Most of the people around me are aware of my life's details. It's not perfect... and that's ok. But the reality is none of us are truly perfect because "perfect" is an interpretation and that interpretation is different for everyone.

If you're used to being perfect try letting that go, even for a day. See what changes. See how you live your life.

Be... always never perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment