Wednesday, September 3, 2014

fear factor...

For as long as I can remember I've had a fear of walking outside of my house and coming face-to-face with a wild lion or tiger. I'm usually met with laughter and eye rolls when I share this. However, my fear may have just been rationalized! Check this out. 

We all have fears. Some rational but most irrational like mine. What happens when we live our life in fear? We miss out... on A LOT. We avoid situations, make up excuses, come down with "the flu" at all the right times.

What are you afraid of? Has your fear prevented you from doing things you want to do?

Have you heard the phase, "Do one thing a day that scares you?" I've been using it for years as a way to check myself in situtaions where I immedately want to run in the oppostie direction. I'm incredibly stubborn, so when I tell myself I can't or shouldn't do something I usually must prove myself otherwise. Next time you find yourself in a situation that brings up feelings of fear try (just try!) confronting instead than running.

I'm 99.9% sure my big cat encounter will never happen but have you seen The Hangover?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment