Thursday, April 24, 2014

the break-up...


I'm going through one of the toughest break-ups of my life. I'm leaving my job...

As with any life event, my emotions are all over the place. I'm nervous, anxious, scared, and sh*tting my pants. This is how I know I'm doing the right thing.

I spent a few weeks worried about what people would think and second guessing my decision. I have had to give up the idea that I had something to prove by going back, and I also had to give up the idea that people won't take me seriously if I stay home. It was a hard pill to swallow but I've finally realized that no one will be upset with me for choosing to put myself and my family before work.

I had over identified with my job title. Once I was able to recognize that, I was free to make the right decision. I am not my job title. Today, I declare that I'm not giving up my career, I'm starting a new one. As a mother, as a writer, and as a, "what ever I %$#@&^% want to be!"

Working for lululemon athletica has changed my life in a million positive ways. I could never repay all that I have gained from my four-and-a-half years with the company. I am an ambitious, goal crushing, leadership loving, positive light beaming, marathon running, entrepreneurial badass now! I have never worked for a company more rooted in its core values and dedicated to the success of their people. They truly are making a difference in the world and I am honored to have been a part of it. lululemon is not going anywhere and I have goals to work with them again. I trust that, if and when, the time and opportunity properly align again it will happen.

Just as there must be a transition from winter to spring, maternity leave has been my transition into a new season of life. I do not want to play mother nature and upset its course by forcing something that isn't meant to be... right now.

I will never regret spending more time with my little girl. I will never wish I had made money over memories. While being a mother is a full time job, in and of itself, I now have the opportunity to work on other areas of my life; writing, running, travel, and family. While I am sad to be leaving behind one hell of an excellent chapter, I am excited to begin writing a new one.

cue nostalgic photo montage...and wipe away tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment