Friday, February 21, 2014

results...


I've lost half of the weight I gained from pregnancy and the other half... well...it's just hanging around.

I'm not stressing out about it or making myself feel guilty for not having gotten back to my pre-baby weight yet. I know some women who lost it all in a month and others who are still working on it... years later.

I had decided to give myself one year to loose the almost 50lbs I gained with Marley. That's right! I gained 47lbs with only 7lbs being actual baby (see pic above!) 

Notice I said I had given myself one year. I was making excuses to put off the work that comes with weight loss based on the way I had worded my goal. I've been there before... it didn'twork. 

"I'll start tomorrow," and "I have a year to do it," won't get me to where I want to be.

Last week, at mommy bootcamp the instructor took body measurements. This was after five weeks of working out regularly and not having lost a single pound on the scale. It was a wake up call that my choices have been preventing me from loosing weight. 

People may say, "but you're breastfeeding," or "you just had a baby," but I can honestly tell you I'm not making smart choices with the foods I've been eating. 

I'm eating for connivence, usually in front of the television, while breastfeeding, or standing up comforting a baby who just wants to rock out on my hip. Mindful eating has left the building!

I have a choice. I have eight weeks of bootcamps left. My new goals are to results in those measurements and to eat mindfully. By telling the whole world here on my blog, I can be held accountable by YOU. I'm not out to lose it all in eight weeks... I just want to see progress.

I'll check back in around the half way mark.

I also received about a billion dollars in gift cards around the holidays for a new wardrobe that I would really like to use soon... Thanks, family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment