Tuesday, January 28, 2014

sidelines...

It's 5:30am on a Sunday. I'm nursing an infant. One year ago, same time, I was lacing up my kicks for a PR marathon race...WOAH.

It's amazing how much has changed for me in one small year. I grew a human. What a miracle! My new life is amazing.

However...

I am sad I'm not running the marathon. A tear sliped out of my eye and fell onto my tiny little baby as I turned on the news to see them reporting on the big race.

I went back to bed for a couple of hours.

We woke up and got ready to head out to the marathon cheer station that my store, and the surrounding Houston stores put on every year. It was the cheer station that I once ran through on my birthday, as DJ Seduction played 50 Cent's Birthday song. The same cheer station that threw confetti on me last year as I blew past them on my way to my PR. I hadn't "cheered" at this race since 2011 when I dressed as lemon and lost my voice for 3 days.

As we approached the group I had to stop and tell my husband I needed a minute. I was literally choking back tears as I saw the runners. I was throwing myself the ultimate pity party.

Womp womp...

Then I realized how much I love seeing people achieve big goals. I love encouraging others to run. I never thought I could do it and I DID so I love sharing that with people.

Today wasn't my day but it was someones. I will train again and finish another marathon. I will embrace where I am every single day and stop wishing I was somewhere else, doing something else.

Where I am today is absolutely perfect and is exactly where I am supposed to be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment