Monday, July 1, 2013

little reminders...



It is really easy to slip into the daily routine of waking up, doing your thing, and coming home again only to eat dinner, go to bed, rinse and repeat. Our lives are non-stop. We're busy people. We have jobs, families, appointments, grocery shopping, jury duty, game nights, the company softball team, birthday dinners, dance rehearsals... the list goes on.

But let's not forget how freaking awesome we are! We can so easily get caught up in our day and completely forget to take care of ourselves (mentally and physically!) Take a break from the routine and treat yourself the way you deserve to be treated. SLOW DOWN. Have your coffee AT the coffee shop. Grab a mani/pedi on the way home from work. Go for a run. Sign up for a yoga class. Spend 10 minutes researching your next vacation destination, OR even easier than all that... Just tell yourself how great you are!

Affirmations are completely free and hardly take up any time at all so there is NO EXCUSE for you not to try it out. An affirmation is a tiny, happy sentence, that you say to yourself to promote positive thinking in any area of your life. They can help put a positive spin on less desirable situations. If you don't care for the word "affirmation" you can call it a little "reminder."

I used affirmations a lot when I was doing the Whole 30. Here are a couple I heavily relied on during that time...
 I am fit and trim and 135lbs
I choose the foods I put into my body
I am perfect the way I am

Now, I'm pregnant and I have to be OK with my changing body. It's really tough to not be critical and to not judge everything I eat or every pound I gain (and it's been a few, I'll tell ya!) But every time I feel my baby move I'm reminded of how grateful I am to be on this journey and any negative thought I have about myself disappear. My sweet little girl serves as a little reminder that I'm up to something BIG and incredible.

What can you say to yourself right now to give your self esteem a little boost? I would love to hear any and all affirmations that you've used and had success with. Share, share, share!

Still need inspiration?  If you haven't seen it before please be sure to watch this 48s video. It's one of my favorites!

Jessica's Daily Affirmations

You are AWESOME.
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment