Monday, December 3, 2012

dream on...


"Do those stars on your feet mean you're a dancer?" An older gentleman in the waiting room of a doctor’s office asked me as he pointed to the star tattoos on my foot.

"No. They mean I'm a dreamer." I respond.

"Ahhhh... a dreamer you say? Stay that way,” he said and went back to reading his magazine.

A dreamer I am… and shall remain. I love when the Universe sends me little reminders like this!
We're always dreaming, are we not? When you’re in the office at your desk you may drift away to a tropical island where you are sailing along the coast on a beautiful boat with your most cherished friends and family. When you watch the Academy Awards, you sit and take notes for what your acceptance speech will sound like when you win actor of the year. Dreams are only unreachable if you say they are. What stops us from achieving our wildest dreams? Excuses do. Maybe its money, social class, or where we live we’ve all made excuses for not living a BIG life. Stop making them! Believe in yourself and your goals and take steps towards achieving them.

What I love most about goal setting is that I get to write my dreams down on paper for the world to see and hold me accountable for taking steps towards. If I want to lose weight, I need to make healthy food choices. If I want to earn more money, I may need to invest in self development. If I want to be a writer, I better keep blogging for practice!

When you share your goals and achieve them, others they can be inspired by you. As a result, they set goals, knock ‘em out and inspire others. Pretty soon it’s catching on, spreading like wildfire. This is how we change the world. And we do it one goal at a time.

So don’t be afraid to dream, and dream BIG… be inspired and inspire those around you. I read a quote recently that reignited a fire in me to move my dreams to reality…enjoy!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. 
Harriet Tubman
Dream on, friends. 


*** I originally wrote this entry as a guest blogger for Jacki Carr (www.jackicarr.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment