Tuesday, October 2, 2012

diet overhaul...

Honestly, I'm feel pretty darn great!

It's been 8 full days since I cut out sugar, grains, and dairy. I'm still alive and functioning! I've lost 12lbs! It's incredible to see how grateful my body is to be fueled by healthy, whole foods. I'm lighter, I'm more confident, and my clothes are fitting me again! I'm waking up feeling more energized than ever.

The toughest part for me, aside from the 5 o'clock tired spells I get everyday, is being in social situations.

Exhibit A:
Last Thursday, I went to a happy hour with friends. They we're drinking margaritas and eating fried food. I chugged 10 glasses of water to keep myself from launching across the table and ripping food from their hands. I ended up leaving early because it felt like torture. But when I got home, I realized what a success it was for me to be there and not cheat on myself.

It hit me like a brick... I'm in control. What?! Yes. Samantha, you are in control!

Exhibit B:
Friday night, I attended a "Beer WOD" at my CrossFit gym. It is pretty much exactly what it sounds like... workout + beer drinking. I had originally planned on participating before I got fed up with myself and started cutting out the crap. I chose to stay above the line and spectate, and cheer on my rad friends and workout buds. The event was insane, and I ended up getting sweaty!

Exhibit C:
Saturday night, Brett and I went to see Florence and the Machine live in the Woodlands. The show was EPIC. Her voice is soulful and always gives me goose bumps.  They completely rocked the venue.  Normally, I would have slammed 3 or 4 over priced beers but I didn't. I wanted to.... but I didn't. I stuck it out...
It wasn't that bad.
(see her perform live! #doitnow)


So here I am today, still committed as I was a week ago. Loving my new outlook on food as fuel. I've got a support system stronger than steel and I'm ready to keep taking it one day at a time.

What can you do TODAY to make yourself better? Let me know! I'd love to support you.
s



1 comment:

  1. way to go sam!!!!!!!!!!!! I am always so inspired by your words :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete