Tuesday, September 25, 2012

another soul baring post...


On January 30th, 2012 I stated a goal that I weigh 135lbs by December 2012. I anticipated challenges along the way but felt great that I would achieve what I had set out to accomplish. After all, I’ve been crushing goals left and right this year, so why not put my weight loss goal to rest?

Well… I've completely crashed and burned, hard. I made no improvements whatsoever and maintained my sluggish figure. I’ve felt terrible on every run I've gone on, and been completely terrified to do a pull up in public. #epicfail

I let fear of changing my diet rule me for the past 10 months. What the hell was I so afraid of? Giving up fried food, cheese, beer and cupcakes? Every time I put something in my body that wasn’t healthy I knew what I was doing. I didn’t feel good. The simple task of getting out of bed has been hard. I didn’t go to the pool once this summer because of fear that I didn’t look good in a bikini. I loathe bear crawls because I don’t want my shirt to rise. INSANITY.

I’m officially putting my foot down as of yesterday. I’m in control, not fear.

I can have the body I want, the marathon PR I want, the clothes I want! I just have to punch fear in the face, stuff the self hate in the closet, and start living the life I want. 

And I am… starting yesterday.

Casi, a good friend of mine (check her out: http://fitgirlcasi.blogspot.com/), rallied a group of people together to do The Whole 30 diet for the entire month of October. This is what initially got my ass in gear and excited to do something. I’ll be participating and supporting the group but I know for me that this isn't going to last just one month. This is the lifestyle I need to adapt to for life. With my family history of cancer, thyroid disorders, and crazy mood swings (let’s be real, we all have crazy families) it makes sense to me to do everything I can to prevent any illness I can.

So here we go! I’ve decided that aside from the birthday cake and occasional celebratory drink here and there I’ll stick to healthy, wholesome foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, and eggs. When I’ve achieved my weight loss goal I’ll give myself more freedom to “cheat” but for now cheating won’t get me to where I want to be.

I’m [finally] ready for change. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your inspiring words.. I too have the same feelings and insecurities. I am tired of being a slave to my dietary habits. I will challenge my self to do the Whole 30 in October as well. Thank you Sam for your honesty and vulnerability! xoxo- randi

    ReplyDelete