Thursday, October 25, 2012

change is beautiful...

Fall is all about change. Change in season, change in temperature, perfect fall weddings bringing new families together, setting our clocks back an hour, new seasons of our favorite television shows, and a lot of folks go back to school.

I used to fear change. I liked to keep things the way they were. Why risk changing something that's working? I was settling for mediocre back then. I was comfortable. I was afraid of the unknown... and I actually wasn't very happy.

This fall my life is full of change. Instead of being fearful, I am celebrating all that is going on around me. Brett and I have been on a journey of "decluttering" our home, I've completely overhauled my way of looking at food, and I'm experiencing massive change at work by soon stepping into a new role. 

It all really hit me a few weekends ago as the hot, sticky Houston heat began to fade away and temperatures dropped into the 50s/60s. I spent a lot of time sitting outside in my backyard just soaking in the cool, crisp new air and loving every minute of it. 

Ironically, the AC unit in my car went out. It'll cost me $1,200 to fix so I've landed on the reality that is... I've put a lot of money into fixing little things here and it's adding up...I need a new car. I'll ride out the fall and winter here in Houston and begin shopping for a new car come spring. I was really sad at first because I've had my car for so long, and I really, really love it (and hello, I don't have a car payment!) But then I was reminded that change is necessary and nothing lasts forever. Especially material things.

What changes are you allowing for you in your life? How are you facing the change? The future is up to us and whether or not we want to embrace it fully with open arms, or resist it. 

I'd recommend accepting and embracing it... change is beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment