Sunday, July 8, 2012

weighty issues...


Alright, so I declared I would lose 50lbs by December of this year. I gave you my word. I put it out on the table for everyone to see. So, how am I doing?

I’ve lost 15lbs but I wouldn’t say I’m on track. Why is losing weight so hard? It shouldn’t be. Eat healthy, eat light, exercise, right?

I’ve got to find a new approach and stick with it. Here is what I’m changing this week:
1.       Rating my hunger on a scale 1-10 every time I eat.
2.       Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks on an “as close as I can get to a schedule” schedule.
3.       Ask myself am I eating to fill a biological need or a psychological one? Eating to solve an emotion void is deadly…
4.       NORMAL PORTIONS. While, I’d like to focus on only eating “really” healthy foods, that’s not really my problem. It’s the AMOUNT of food I’m eating. So first things first, get a grip on that.  

Unlike an addition to drugs or alcohol, food is kind of unavoidable for a human. I have to learn to coexist and learn to eat to live, not live to eat.

I’ll let you know how it goes. Planning to title my next weight loss related post “20lbs down!”

No comments:

Post a Comment