Monday, July 28, 2014

Putting yourself out there...

Lately, I've been in the business of putting myself out there! I've actually started a very small business. As if I don't have enough on my plate. This full time mom gig is 24/7 (no breaks, no joke) but it is so important to me that I have something I can call my own.

I took my small business to it's first gig this past weekend. I spent weeks getting product ready and packaged, and practiced what I would say and how I would set up my shop. I was nervous. Will they like my stuff? Will they like me? What if no one buys anything? I'm never going to break even on this.

Fear of judgement and failure have a way of sneaking into my subconscious when I'm doing something new. It can be hard to ignore these feelings but I remind myself they are normal. As a matter of fact, I have learned that if they aren't there, I'm not doing it right.

Before I left for the market my husband kissed me on the cheek and told me he was proud of me for "putting myself out there." It was just the reminder I needed, the moment I needed it. Damn right, I'm putting myself out there! I can't make my dreams come true by doing nothing.

How are you putting yourself out there, this week? What actions can you take on a goal you've been sitting on for a while? Let's get a little uncomfortable and be a little unreasonable in going after what we want.

If you're not putting yourself out there, you're missing out.

Debuting SOAK Shoppe at the 002 Houston Magazine's Summer Market
The event was great! I met tons of new people and had several buyers. I'm very excited to see where I take this next.

No comments:

Post a Comment