Monday, March 3, 2014

three ingredient pie...

I MADE THAT.

If you know me, you know I'm no good in the kitchen. Until now! I was inspired by ingredients I already had to make a raw strawberry pie. I was craving it but didn't want the fake, sugary pie filling and processed pie crust.

Unfortunately for you, I didn't really measure anything. SO... I challenge to you fly by the seat of your pants and just go for it anyway! It's so easy.

Pie Crust:
Pecans + Dates = Pie Crust
You will want to use a food processor for this part. I used approximately 1.5 cups of pecans and a half a bag of dried, pitted dates. The more dates the stickier your crust will be and the better you'll be able to serve it. I could have use a little more date but it still turned out GREAT. Process the two ingredients until you can mush it between your fingers and it sticks together. Then press into a pie pan!

Filling:
Strawberries + Dates = Pie Filling
For the filling you'll want to use a badass bender or a Vitamix. I'm in love with my Vitamix. What a machine! You'll need a container of strawberries (16oz) plus more to slice and place on top. Blend the strawberries until they become liquid then add the remainder of the dried, pitted dates (a few at a time.) The more dates, the sweeter and thicker your filling will be. Pour over your pie crust, decorate with sliced strawberries and refrigerate for at least 1hr.

IT IS SO GOOD and guilt free. You don't need exact measurements. Play around and have fun with it. Use a different fruit or sub the pecans for walnuts!

Be wild like this raw strawberry pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment