Monday, September 23, 2013

personal core values...


set goals that stem from what you value.

What is a core value? 
It's what gets you out of bed in the morning. It's what drives and motivates you. You wouldn't let anyone take this away from you. It's what makes you, YOU!

Generate a list of YOUR values.
Think about it for a few minutes. Write them down. Choose one to start with and ask yourself, "what is it about this that I value?" 
For example, I value finish lines. Why? A finish line for me represents going after something I wanted and achieving it. Crossing the finish line of a marathon is one of the greatest highs I've ever had in my life. I want everything I do to be done with as much sweat and determination as I put into running marathons.

Be sure everything you do, every action that you take, is in line with what you value.
If its not, stop doing it. If you value your health and want to lose weight, stop eating ice cream every night. If you want to reduce your risk of cancer, stop smoking. If you value love and you're in a relationship that's toxic, get out! If you value passion, ensure that you enjoy everything you do. If you value volunteering, get out their and volunteer! It's pretty simple once you know what you value.

Why is this relevant?
It is so easy to get caught up in everyday life. You'll blink and two weeks have past. I've found myself in a place where I wasn't really generating any results in my personal life. Sound familiar? I had goals written down but I wasn't doing anything about them. Getting reconnected with my values reminded me why I set them in the first place and re energized me to take action. Sometimes all we need is a sweet little reminder.




No comments:

Post a Comment