Saturday, February 16, 2013

sweating once a day...


Those around me constantly inspire me. My co-worker and friend, Amy Shenk, has set out on a year -long personal challenge to “Sweat Once a Day.” I asked her to share a sneak peek into how it’s been going and what her experiences have been in this post below. Keep after it, Amy!

love,
s


Before I started my year of sweating once a day, I was aware that we are our own worst enemies when it comes to accomplishing powerful goals and achievements, but I don't think I quite got it. 

I never realized how much I would sabotage myself in workouts and in the preparation for my workouts until I had to do something every day. This greater understanding of myself got me thinking and I found that I was creating excuses for myself; bringing myself down because I thought that I was the exception. Like most people, I constantly struggle with fielding negative self talk and excuses before, during, and after my workouts –

"You’re too slow, too tall, too tight, too tired, too dehydrated"

This is just not acceptable. If I want to live a powerful life, I must commit daily. 

I get it - sometimes we really do need to rest and give our bodies a break, but I would say 97.3% of the time your laziness is just trying to get the better of you. Dear Amy: Yes you are tired today but so is pretty much EVERYONE else at CrossFit, yoga, or run group. Everyone has had a long day. Everyone gets headaches. Push-ups are hard for everyone. I am not the exception.  And I hate to break it to you, but unless you have a serious injury or illness that needs attending to, you are not the exception either

Why do we allow ourselves to ruin our own chances at a fantastic life? Stop sabotaging your shot and get into action. Stand for greatness for yourself and others. You will marvel at the results you achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment