Tuesday, November 13, 2012

take a picture, it will last longer...

Take a picture, it will last longer...or will it?

I want to preface by saying what I'm about to describe has totally been me before.I'm a total photo junkie and instagram enthusiast. 

You seen it before, you've done it before... taking photos and video on your cell phone at concerts.

Unless you ponied up and bought tickets in the pit, most of the images you capture on your phone are blurry and hard to make out. And videos? I have yet to see a video that actually had audible sound. You usually never look at them again either.

I was recently at a show up in the Woodlands and at one point all four of the girls in front of me had their phones out, held high above their heads attempting to record the entire song. One girl was actually editing and deleting photos throughout the whole song! How can you enjoy the show when you're not paying attention?

This occurrence reminded me to live in the present moment and be connected to where I am, what I'm doing and who I'm with. It's easy it is to let little moments go by without acknowledging what sits before you.

Now for some humor... I'd love to see some of those horrible concert photos. You know you have 'em!


*this post was originally posted by my dear friend Katie, author of Engaged in Fitness, who asked me to guest blog for her

No comments:

Post a Comment