Wednesday, May 2, 2012

you are whole, perfect, and complete...

I’ve been a goal setter now for 3 years and today I realized I’ve been going about it all wrong.

Instead of putting down on paper what I WANT for my life I’ve been writing goals from the perspective of NEEDING to make myself better, change myself. Now, to an extent, yes, that is the point of goal setting (to better oneself) but one of my most recent goals is a great example of how I’m not living as if I am whole, perfect, and complete.

My goal to lose 50lbs is great but my reasoning isn’t. Yes, I want to be healthier but am I unhealthy right now?I run marathons, I practice yoga multiple times a week, and I make fresh pressed juice at home! Maybe some of my eating patterns aren’t perfect but let’s get real… I really want to lose weight because I feel like I should. I work with a lot of girls with beautiful long legs, and rock hard abs and until recently hadn’t let that get to me. My struggle for the past year hasn’t really been about the weight, but more about how I’ve fallen out of love with myself.

So, now I’m ready to change that. I am whole, perfect, and complete. What the scale reads doesn’t matter. What size lululemon pants I buy doesn’t matter. I’m not afraid to go to a workout because I’m slower than the rest. I do not compare myself to other women.

So, I have a little extra baggage right now. So, what!? Maybe when I stop obsessing over it things will change and I’ll be a little thinner, run a little faster. But in the mean time I am going to recognize and celebrate who I am. I am no longer ruled by the number on the scale. I am beautiful, curvy, and sooooo badass.

If I could change one thing in the world right now (aside from war and hate crimes, duh) it would be to take out the piece of every woman’s brain that tells her shes not “good enough.”

Sisters (and brothers), we are good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment