Monday, April 2, 2012

recovery is a b*tch...

Where Have I been? Oh, just out sabotaging my weight loss goal every day. No big deal. BUT REALLY… it is!

A couple of contributing factors:

1.)    My in-laws visited my sister and her kids visited and we ate, and ate, and ATE. I have just got to learn how to control myself while eating out in public. There is no need to HAVE to order a sandwich and fries. I could have ordered a salad?

2.)    My job transfer. After 2.5 years at my store I’m transitioning into one of our newer stores nearby starting today. I’ve used the past couple of weeks to celebrate with wine, beer, and spirits J Extra calories, y’all!

3.)    I thought I knew it all- “Oh, I’ve lost 13lbs I got this! I’ll keep doing what I’m doing. I can indulge a little here and there and it won’t affect my progress.” YEAH RIGHT! In yoga, I go to each practice with a fresh, beginners mind. This is the thought process I need to adapt with my eating habits as well.

So, after gaining 8lbs back in two weeks I’ve hit my 2nd low point. I am committed to reversing this. And here is how:

1.)    Reading- I’m re-committing to continuing to read Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman to gain a better insight into how to fuel my body the RIGHT way and cutting out the JUNK.

2.)    Sticking to my calorie goal- I will not exceed my 1200 calorie a day intake (exceptions being that I’m able to eat a bit more on days where I complete an intense workout-not to exceed 500 additional calories) I’ll be hitting up My Fit Foods (www.myfitfoods.com) later today to stock my fridge with low cal, well rounded meals.

3.)    Diversifying my workouts- This week begins my training for my next marathon in June! Wahoo! I commit to running 4x a week, taking 1 restorative yoga class, 1 hot yoga class, and a strength class at DefineBody & Mind (www.definebody.com) or CrossFit (www.bayoucitycrossfit.com) to strengthen my running muscles, tone my arms, find my abs, and rev my metabolism.

Have you watched the television show Intervention? Well, I’m in recovery and I just experienced my first relapse. Overeating and filling your body full of junk is not much better than an addition to alcohol or other drugs. It may not kill you in the short term but in the long run you’re still taking years off your life. While I remain extremely positive and inspired to reach my 50lb weight loss goal I know I’ll hit more bumps in the road. Recovery should be shared and that’s why I’m sharing with you about my journey week after week.

Next week, I’m committed to sharing this week’s success with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment